- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card (Nov. 26-Dec. 2)
Pollster John Zogby grades the president’s week and how its events affect him and his agenda.
“Let’s be blunt.
“The president won a majority of the popular vote and 332 electoral votes. The GOP lost seats in the both the House and the Senate. Voters supported a tax increase on Americans with household incomes over $250,000. The GOP has lost a few congressional members and leading pundits who have publicly said that revenues must be on the table. The GOP is not only split, but also checkmated.
“If Congress holds out on negotiations, they risk alienating moderates (who gave Mr. Obama overwhelming support) and caving in to their base, who are not enough to win a national election (and who are a declining breed demographically). If they compromise with the president, they placate moderates and risk a massive revolt among conservatives.
“The GOP would be forced to rebuild and rebrand itself either way. If the budget goes over the fiscal cliff, the Republicans will lose — just as they lost when they allowed the government to shut down in the past. While this drama is playing out, the president gets to look like a president, present offers that are similar to what he won on, and watch those who oppose him fight among themselves.
“Make no mistake, there will be a deal, and the president will be viewed favorably.”
Last week’s grade: B
• Follow pollster John Zogby on Twitter (@thejohnzogby)
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014