- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
Anglia owner has his own ‘chamber of secrets’
Twenty slots in the engine hood near the windshield help keep the engine compartment cool while the popout quarter windows help keep the back-seat passengers cool.
Mr. Loewy’s Anglia Model 105E came with full wheel covers as well as a single backup light. ‘It’s an ideal car in which to run errands,’ he comments. ‘It’s so much fun to drive and it’s easy to park.’ He adds, ‘It gets phenomenal gas mileage.’ The last time he checked his city average was 32 miles per gallon.
In the 2 1/2 years that he has owned the Anglia, Mr. Loewy has become used to children tugging their parent’s sleeve and excitedly declaring his car the same as the Harry Potter movie car. Mr. Loewy says, ‘I think that the movie car is a couple of years newer than mine and it looks like a ‘Super’ model instead of a ‘Deluxe.’
He has discovered that his Anglia left the factory painted either black or blue. It was red when he got it. ‘I am thinking of painting my car ‘Caribbean Blue,” he says, because red is not a stock color.
If and when the color of Mr. Loewy’s Anglia is changed to match the color of the car in the movie, he will have to brace himself for an onslaught of Harry Potter fans.
About the Author
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgement in Heller II
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Human interest stories to feed interest, satisfy curiosity and see outside the box.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
News and views on the Civil War.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow