- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Friendly terrorists?
Question of the Day
Within a day or two after the atrocities in Benghazi, Libya, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton held a brief news conference during which she blamed the attack on protesters of a video. She went on to “sympathize” and say that all people find attacks on one’s religion reprehensible.
Then, in response to a question about a lack of security on the anniversary of Sept. 11, she gave a flippant answer, saying we can’t put up “barbed-wire fences” because these “people are our friends.” To the contrary, terrorists are not our friends. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice was then sent out to begin the cover-up.
Clearly, neither Mrs. Clinton nor President Obama can be trusted to make grave or strategic decisions where lives are at stake.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- ISIL captured 52 U.S.-made howitzers; artillery weapons cost 500K each