- See a drone? ‘Shoot it down,’ says Colorado ordinance
- Spanish journalists kidnapped by al Qaeda group in Syria
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Media’s double standard on violence
When world events don’t go their way, philosophically speaking, members of the liberal press step all over themselves attempting to be the first to portray conservative support for the Second Amendment as faulty, outdated and moronic. However, where was that same damning press coverage when four Americans were murdered in Benghazi, Libya, in September?
President Obama has made numerous public statements about the murders of the little children in Newtown, Conn., last week, and rightly so. How many statements has he made about the murder of four Americans by foreign terrorists? Why hasn’t the press been equally vociferous about that outrage?
Once again, our biased media has chosen to tell the public what it wants to tell rather than report the facts and let the public judge for itself. Journalism schools and the media need to return to their roots and report facts rather than take sides.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama eulogizes Mandela, calls him 'the last great liberator'
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- NSA monitored 'World of Warcraft' players
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert