- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Muth found competent for trial in wife’s death
Question of the Day
A judge has ruled that a German man is competent to stand trial in the beating death of his much-older wife inside their Washington home.
The Washington Post reports that the decision by D.C. Superior Court Judge Russell Canan followed nearly a week of expert testimony. It sets up a high-profile trial next year for 48-year-old Albrecht Muth.
Mr. Muth is charged with first-degree murder in the August 2011 death of his wife Viola Drath, a 91-year-old German journalist and socialite. Drath was found strangled and beaten in a bathroom of the couple's row home in the city's fashionable Georgetown neighborhood.
Doctors at St. Elizabeths Hospital initially said Mr. Muth was too delusional to stand trial, but they later concluded he was trying to manipulate the legal system.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors