1. How effective will Robert Griffin III be?Griffin’s mildly sprained lateral collateral ligament in his right knee is not fully healed. Coach Mike Shanahan said Griffin looks good in practice, but let’s see how explosively and sharply he can run and cut when defenders are chasing him.
2. Is Eagles QB Nick Foles much better than when the Redskins faced him Nov. 18? His first career start was his worst statistical performance. He completed only 46 percent of his passes and threw two interceptions in Washington’s 31-6 win. He has thrown only one pick since.
3. Can Washington eliminate turnovers and penalties? This is a meaningless game for the Eagles. They’ll challenge the Redskins only if the Redskins make mistakes. Washington’s 13 penalties in their first meeting tied its season-high. The Redskins also fumbled three times but recovered each one.
4. Will Eagles RB LeSean McCoy heavily impact the game? The running back many Redskins coaches consider to be the best in the NFL is playing his first game since he suffered a concussion in their first meeting. He is expected to start, but it’s unknown how much he’ll play. McCoy had only 45 yards on 15 carries in Washington’s 31-6 victory.
5. How will the atmosphere inside the stadium affect the Eagles? The Redskins’ push to the playoffs this week encounters a milestone moment in Philadelphia sports. This is likely Andy Reid’s last home game after 14 years as Eagles coach. The Eagles might respond by playing inspired football, or they might not.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Douglas Holtz-Eakin
The young drop coverage to avoid higher premiums
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
We welcome you to the intimate and personal thoughts on the news and events we, as editors, watch, read, and discuss with our writers every day.
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Looking at pop culture, politics and social issues.
Political commentary and literary criticism in an era of eroding liberty
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention
California wildfires wreak havoc