- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Taking Names: Michael Jackson glove nets $200K at auction
Mrs. Kinkade disputed those claims and sought full control of the estate. She portrayed Ms. Pinto in court papers as a gold-digger who is trying to cheat the artist’s rightful heirs.
Kinkade, the self-described “Painter of Light,” was known for sentimental scenes of country gardens and pastoral landscapes. His work led to a commercial empire of franchised galleries, reproduced artwork and spin-off products that was said to fetch some $100 million each year in sales.
‘Trip to Bountiful’ revival draws Tyson, Gooding
Cuba Gooding Jr., Vanessa Williams and Condola Rashad will be joining Cicely Tyson on “The Trip to Bountiful.”
Producers said Thursday that the trio have signed up to star in a revival of Horton Foote’s moving play about acceptance and coming home. It first appeared on Broadway in 1953 and became a 1985 film starring Geraldine Page.
Miss Tyson, who is an Academy Award nominee and an Emmy Award winner, will now have some glittering company onstage: Mr. Gooding has an Oscar, Miss Williams is a Tony and Emmy nominee, and Miss Rashad has a Tony nomination for “Stick Fly.”
The revival will appear for just 14 weeks and previews begin March 31 at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre. Opening night is set for April 23. Michael Wilson will direct.
• Compiled from Web and wire reports
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.