- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Pentagon: U.S. F-16 fighter jets to train with Poland near Ukraine
- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
D.C. man found fatally shot in Capitol Hill neighborhood
A 28-year-old man was found fatally shot in a parked car in the District’s Capitol Hill neighborhood early Monday.
Police responded at about 2:15 a.m. to the 1300 block of C Street in Northeast for a report of gunshots. When officers arrived, they found Jason Anthony Emma slumped over the steering wheel of a vehicle. He died at the scene.
“We do have some information that possibly two black male subjects were seen leaving the area of the shooting going eastbound on C Street,” said Cmdr. George Kucik, of the department’s Criminal Investigations Division. “We are looking for assistance from the public, if anyone was out there or saw or heard anything.”
Residents who live near the scene of the shooting — on a block populated by two churches, an apartment building and a cluster of row houses — described hearing six to eight gunshots.
“It just sends a chill through your bones,” said one woman as she walked down the block Monday.
“The investigation is very early on. We don’t have any definitive motive right now,” he said.
WJLA-TV (Channel 7) reported that police found Mr. Emma in a black Audi with Virginia license plates and that the car was still running with its headlights on.
Two men were fatally shot Saturday in Northeast, but police do not think the double homicide which happened about a mile away on the border of the Trinidad and Carver-Langston neighborhoods is related to Monday’s killing.
At about 1:45 a.m. Saturday, police were called to the 1100 block of Bladensburg Road in Northeast for a shooting and discovered Raymond Harris, 44, dead in the middle of the roadway. He had been shot multiple times. Nathaniel Beasley Jr., 69, was found inside a parked car suffering from multiple gunshot wounds as well. He was admitted to a hospital but died Sunday morning.
Police have not released any information on a motive or suspects in Saturday’s shooting either.
Monday’s shooting is the District’s 85th homicide this year.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Gray comes out fighting accusations in fund scheme
- Gray holds cash advantage in D.C. mayor's race
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
- Natural gas prices rise for D.C. customers as temperatures drop
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Female TSA officers say pat-down duty leads to workplace discrimination
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again