- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Taking Names: Serpico: Pacino played me better than I did
Mr. Pacino played the detective who exposed widespread police corruption in the 1973 movie “Serpico.” According to The Associated Press, the New York Daily News interviewed the real-life Mr. Serpico in Ghent, in New York’s Hudson Valley, for a recent story.
The 76-year-old retiree spoke weeks after the death of fellow whistleblowing ex-detective David Durk.
The newspaper said Mr. Serpico keeps busy trying to finish a book and taking solitary walks.
Rolling Stones’ Wood ties knot for third time
Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood tied the knot with his theater-producer fiancee, Sally Humphreys, in a private ceremony Friday in London, according to a report in the United Kingdom’s Sun, which also published photos of the bride and groom on their happy day.
According to the reports out of the United Kingdom, the rocker wore pink socks and a navy suit, and the bride wore her mother’s wedding dress.
The low-key ceremony took place in the eighth-floor penthouse in London's Dorchester Hotel.
This is the third marriage for Mr. Wood, who just played shows with the Stones in the United States as part of their 50 and Counting tour.
Iron Butterfly bassist died of natural causes
Coroner’s officials say Lee Dorman, bass guitarist for the 1960s psychedelic rock band Iron Butterfly, died of natural causes in Southern California and there won’t be an autopsy.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow