- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
Patrick Dempsey brews up coffee shop purchase
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Patrick Dempsey says he wants to rescue a coffee house chain and more than 500 jobs.
The “Grey’s Anatomy” star said Wednesday he’s leading a group attempting to buy Tully’s Coffee. The Seattle-based company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in October.
Dempsey said he’s excited about the chance to help hundreds of workers and give back to Seattle.
The actor has a strong TV tie to the city: He plays Dr. Derek Shepherd on “Grey’s Anatomy,” the ABC drama set at fictional Seattle Grace Hospital.
Tully’s has 47 company-run stores in Washington and California, as well as five franchised stores and 58 licensed locations in the U.S.
Any sale would have to be approved by a judge. A bankruptcy court hearing is set for Jan. 11 in Seattle.
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Search for missing Malaysian airliner widens as mystery deepens
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obamacare 3 million shy of target with 19 days left to sign up
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again