- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reid, Democrats politicizing school massacres
Question of the Day
The political opportunists who never let a crisis go to waste are out in full force to capitalize on the mass murder at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, the leader of those looking to dismantle the Second Amendment, is demonstrative of the corrupt liberal hypocrisy of “do as I say, not as I do.”
An online video shows Mr. Reid boasting back in 2010 of how he carried a firearm everywhere he went because many people wanted to hurt him when he was a member of the Nevada Gaming Commission.
The tragedy of the Newtown, Conn., massacre is being used in an attempt to disarm an overwhelmingly law-abiding citizenry who exercise their constitutional right to bear arms. The political charlatans who promise others a measure of security by destroying freedom will not surrender their own safety, however. Their message is only for the beguiled fools who neither appreciate the freedoms they have nor are willing to stand against the tyranny of government.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'