- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reid, Democrats politicizing school massacres
The political opportunists who never let a crisis go to waste are out in full force to capitalize on the mass murder at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, the leader of those looking to dismantle the Second Amendment, is demonstrative of the corrupt liberal hypocrisy of “do as I say, not as I do.”
The tragedy of the Newtown, Conn., massacre is being used in an attempt to disarm an overwhelmingly law-abiding citizenry who exercise their constitutional right to bear arms. The political charlatans who promise others a measure of security by destroying freedom will not surrender their own safety, however. Their message is only for the beguiled fools who neither appreciate the freedoms they have nor are willing to stand against the tyranny of government.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Obama lived with Uncle Onyango Obama in the 1980s, White House admits