- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Maybe Andy Reid isn’t going anywhere
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Andy Reid has been fired by nearly everyone except the man in charge.
It’s a foregone conclusion in Philadelphia and around the NFL that Reid will coach his last game with the Eagles on Sunday at the New York Giants. Fans already have a wish list for a new coach and the media has speculated for months about Reid’s successor.
It doesn’t seem likely that he’ll step down.
“I want to coach. That’s what I want to do,” Reid said Friday.
_Does there need to be a certain level of success on the field for Reid to receive a contract extension?
“It goes beyond that but there’s no question what I said was we need substantial improvement,” Lurie said.
_ Did you set a level of what qualifies as a successful season?
“I don’t have a level or anything like that,” Lurie said. “I just want to be clear about that. You just try to make the best judgment you can after the season.”
_Would another 8-8 season be considered satisfactory?
“No, it would not,” Lurie said.
_Will you know after the season whether it was successful?
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: For too many gays, 'tolerance' is a one-way street
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world