- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
Maybe Andy Reid isn’t going anywhere
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Andy Reid has been fired by nearly everyone except the man in charge.
It’s a foregone conclusion in Philadelphia and around the NFL that Reid will coach his last game with the Eagles on Sunday at the New York Giants. Fans already have a wish list for a new coach and the media has speculated for months about Reid’s successor.
It doesn’t seem likely that he’ll step down.
“I want to coach. That’s what I want to do,” Reid said Friday.
_Does there need to be a certain level of success on the field for Reid to receive a contract extension?
“It goes beyond that but there’s no question what I said was we need substantial improvement,” Lurie said.
_ Did you set a level of what qualifies as a successful season?
“I don’t have a level or anything like that,” Lurie said. “I just want to be clear about that. You just try to make the best judgment you can after the season.”
_Would another 8-8 season be considered satisfactory?
“No, it would not,” Lurie said.
_Will you know after the season whether it was successful?
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Female TSA officers say pat-down duty leads to workplace discrimination
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again