- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
12-12-12 Sandy benefit to be aired on 34 outlets
NEW YORK (AP) - The 12-12-12 Hurricane Sandy benefit concert will be broadcast across 34 U.S. and international television, radio and Internet across six continents.
Producers said in a Monday news release the concert will be available to 1 billion people across six continents.
Eric Clapton and Coldplay have been added to an already stellar lineup on Dec. 12 at Madison Square Garden that also includes Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen &The E Street Band, Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Roger Waters and others.
Proceeds from the benefit go to the Robin Hood Relief Fund, which is helping victims of Sandy in hard-hit New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. The November storm killed dozens and did billions of dollars in damage across the area.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again