- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
Former President George H.W. Bush stable after weekend in hospital
Question of the Day
HOUSTON (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush is starting the week in a Houston hospital where he’s spent several days for treatment of a lingering cough related to bronchitis.
George Kovacik with Methodist Hospital said the 88-year-old Mr. Bush remained in stable condition at the facility Monday. Aides earlier said the 41st president likely would be discharged over the weekend. Mr. Bush has been in and out of the hospital for treatment of the cough.
Mr. Bush also suffers from a form of Parkinson’s disease that forces him to use a wheelchair or motorized scooter.
The ex-president and his wife, Barbara, split their time between homes in Houston and Kennebunkport, Maine.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world