- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Andy Reid: Eagles coach done with team after 14 years, say AP sources
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Andy Reid is out after 14 years coaching the Philadelphia Eagles, three people familiar with the decision told The Associated Press following Sunday’s 42-7 season-ending loss to the New York Giants.
Reid is scheduled to meet with owner Jeffrey Lurie on Monday to discuss his future and an official announcement will come afterward, according to one person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because a final agreement hasn’t been reached. That person says there’s a chance Reid might remain with the team in some capacity.
Reid is due to make $6 million in 2013 in the final year of his contract. He said he wants to coach next year, but it’s possible Lurie could persuade him to take a season off and perhaps help out in the front office in an “advisory” role.
“We weren’t very good,” Reid said. “That’s my responsibility and I take complete blame for it.”
Asked if he wants to return in 2013, Reid said: “I’m all in.”
But he couldn’t win the big one and that’s how he’s measured in a city that hasn’t celebrated an NFL title since 1960.
The Eagles haven’t won a playoff game since 2008 and took significant steps backward the last two years. They entered both seasons with high expectations only to fail miserably.
“We had quite a run,” offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said.
Players said they expect changes, but continued to support Reid.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.