- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Kanye West, Kim Kardashian: Couple feels ‘blessed’ over baby news
Question of the Day
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are feeling lucky about their first child together.
“It’s true,” Miss Kardashian, the 32-year-old reality TV star, said in a statement on her site Monday. “Kanye and I are expecting a baby. We feel so blessed and lucky and wish that in addition to both of our families, his mom and my dad could be here to celebrate this special time with us.”
Miss Kardashian’s father, RobertKardashian, died in 2003. Mr. West’s mother, Donda West, died in 2007.
Miss Kardashian added in the blog post that she was “looking forward to great new beginnings in 2013 and to starting a family.”
Mr. West, the 35-year-old rapper, revealed to a crowd of more than 5,000 in song form at a concert Sunday that his girlfriend is pregnant. Miss Kardashian was in the crowd at Revel Resort's Ovation Hall with her mother, Kris Jenner, and Mr. West’s mentor and best friend, Jay-Z.
The news instantly went viral online, with thousands posting and commenting on the expecting couple.
Most of the Kardashian clan tweeted about the news, including Miss Kardashian’s sisters. Kourtney Kardashian wrote: “Another angel to welcome to our family. Overwhelmed with excitement!”
Mr. West told concertgoers to congratulate his “baby mom” and said this was the “most amazing thing.”
Representatives for Mr. West and Miss Kardashian didn’t immediately respond to emails about the pregnancy.
The rapper and reality TV star went public with their relationship in March.
Miss Kardashian married NBA player Kris Humphries in August 2011, but their divorce is not finalized.
Mr. West’s Sunday-night show was his third consecutive performance at Revel. He took the stage for nearly two hours, performing such hits as “Good Life,” ”Jesus Walks” and “Clique” in an all-white ensemble with two bandmates.
Miss Kardashian is expected to spend New Year’s Eve at public appearance at a Las Vegas nightclub.
• AP writer Bianca Roach contributed to this article.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- GOP Rep. Tim Murphy rolls out mental health legislation
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- White House faces press revolt over access to Obama's South Africa flight
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Lists of top ten movies, songs, funny moments, fashion statements, automobiles, children's names, stupid celebrity moments, first dates, last dates, weddings, and much, much more.
Communities writers read and review current and past books of note. Also, news and views focusing on print and online media.
An objective, analysis-based perspective of D.C. sports as seen through the eyes of lifelong D.C. sports enthusiast, John Heibel.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow