- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
NHL labor talks slated for Monday afternoon
NEW YORK (AP) - The NHL and the players’ association are using the last day of 2012 to get back to work on a labor deal that has so far been well out of reach.
Negotiations are scheduled for Monday afternoon at the league’s New York office. This marks the first time the NHL and the union will be bargaining in nearly three weeks, and the first time they will do so without federal mediation since early December.
The window to reach a deal to save the season is rapidly closing. The belief is the NHL wants to start playing no later than Jan. 19.
The league and the union had informational discussions with staff members that lasted much of Saturday and ended Sunday. Those talks were spurred by an NHL contract proposal Thursday.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.