- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Taking Names: Kardashian, West feeling ‘blessed’ by baby news
Question of the Day
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are feeling lucky about their first child together.
“It’s true,” the 32-year-old reality TV star said in a statement on her website Monday. “Kanye and I are expecting a baby. We feel so blessed and lucky and wish that in addition to both of our families, his mom and my dad could be here to celebrate this special time with us.”
Miss Kardashian’s father, Robert Kardashian, died in 2003. Mr. West’s mother, Donda West, died in 2007.
Miss Kardashian added in her blog post that she was “looking forward to great new beginnings in 2013 and to starting a family.”
The 35-year-old rapper revealed to a crowd of more than 5,000 in song form at a concert Sunday that his girlfriend is pregnant. Miss Kardashian was in the crowd at Revel Resort’s Ovation Hall with her mother, Kris Jenner, and Mr. West’s mentor and best friend, Jay-Z.
The news instantly went viral online, with thousands posting and commenting on the expecting couple.
Most of the Kardashian clan tweeted about the news, including Miss Kardashian’s sisters. Kourtney Kardashian wrote: “Another angel to welcome to our family. Overwhelmed with excitement!”
Mr. West told concertgoers to congratulate his “baby mom” and that this was the “most amazing thing.”
The rapper and reality TV star went public with their relationship in March.
Miss Kardashian married NBA player Kris Humphries in August 2011 and their divorce is not finalized.
Storm, recovering from burns, to host Rose Parade
ESPN anchor Hannah Storm will return to the air on New Year’s Day, exactly three weeks after she was seriously burned in a propane gas grill accident at her home.
Ms. Storm suffered second-degree burns on her chest and hands, and first-degree burns to her face and neck. She lost her eyebrows and eyelashes, and roughly half her hair.
Ms. Storm will host ABC’s telecast of the 2013 Rose Parade on Tuesday. Her left hand will be bandaged and she said viewers might notice a difference in her hair texture where extensions have been added.
“I’m a little nervous about things I used to take for granted,” she said by phone this weekend in an Associated Press interview from Pasadena, Calif. “Little things like putting on makeup and even turning pages on my script.”
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors