- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Taking Names: Kardashian, West feeling ‘blessed’ by baby news
Question of the Day
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are feeling lucky about their first child together.
“It’s true,” the 32-year-old reality TV star said in a statement on her website Monday. “Kanye and I are expecting a baby. We feel so blessed and lucky and wish that in addition to both of our families, his mom and my dad could be here to celebrate this special time with us.”
Miss Kardashian’s father, Robert Kardashian, died in 2003. Mr. West’s mother, Donda West, died in 2007.
Miss Kardashian added in her blog post that she was “looking forward to great new beginnings in 2013 and to starting a family.”
The 35-year-old rapper revealed to a crowd of more than 5,000 in song form at a concert Sunday that his girlfriend is pregnant. Miss Kardashian was in the crowd at Revel Resort’s Ovation Hall with her mother, Kris Jenner, and Mr. West’s mentor and best friend, Jay-Z.
The news instantly went viral online, with thousands posting and commenting on the expecting couple.
Most of the Kardashian clan tweeted about the news, including Miss Kardashian’s sisters. Kourtney Kardashian wrote: “Another angel to welcome to our family. Overwhelmed with excitement!”
Mr. West told concertgoers to congratulate his “baby mom” and that this was the “most amazing thing.”
The rapper and reality TV star went public with their relationship in March.
Miss Kardashian married NBA player Kris Humphries in August 2011 and their divorce is not finalized.
Storm, recovering from burns, to host Rose Parade
ESPN anchor Hannah Storm will return to the air on New Year’s Day, exactly three weeks after she was seriously burned in a propane gas grill accident at her home.
Ms. Storm suffered second-degree burns on her chest and hands, and first-degree burns to her face and neck. She lost her eyebrows and eyelashes, and roughly half her hair.
Ms. Storm will host ABC’s telecast of the 2013 Rose Parade on Tuesday. Her left hand will be bandaged and she said viewers might notice a difference in her hair texture where extensions have been added.
“I’m a little nervous about things I used to take for granted,” she said by phone this weekend in an Associated Press interview from Pasadena, Calif. “Little things like putting on makeup and even turning pages on my script.”
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq