- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Conor Daly to test for AJ Foyt Racing at Sebring
Question of the Day
“Conor Daly is one of the exciting up-and-coming drivers in open wheel racing today,” Foyt said. “I had spoken to Conor at the F-1 race in Austin and I was impressed. I thought this test was a perfect opportunity to see how he works with our team.”
Daly is the son of Derek Daly, a former Formula One and CART driver.
Daly has spent the last two seasons competing in Formula One support series GP3. He won national titles in the Mazda and Barber series, and has been racing of late in single-seaters in Europe.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to drive an Indycar for the first time with AJ Foyt Racing,” Daly said. “I’ve grown up at the Indy 500 and have always dreamed of getting in an IndyCar someday. I will do the best job I can to get to know the team and complete all the things they’ve got planned for the test. I can’t thank Larry enough for organizing this and taking an interest in my future.”
Daly tweeted Monday that he wanted to take the Indianapolis 500 seat Roger Penske offered to Tony Stewart should Stewart not accept the ride.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world