- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
New owner enters NASCAR and vows to race
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - NASCAR’s newest team owner bought into its premier series with every intention of building a competitive team.
Davis, CEO of independent oil and gas company Swan Energy, announced Tuesday he acquired Inception Racing in late August. His first race as owner was at Richmond, where Stremme pulled off the track after 127 of the 400 laps.
“I literally almost got sick,” Davis said Tuesday. “I couldn’t stand watching it, I am a competitive person and I am not going to the race track to not try to win races. I respect start and park programs and I understand why teams do it because it is a matter of survival and the teams are trying to build something. It’s just not the way I am going to build my team.’
Stremme drove the No. 30 Toyota last season for Inception, but was a “start and park” for 20 of 28 races.
Davis has hired veteran Steve Hmiel as director of competition, and said he’ll have a new crew chief in place by the end of the week. He’s also expanded the team roster from seven employees to 13 and said more hires will be made before the season begins in February.
“Since coming on I’ve been learning as much as I can. What’s needed, what we have, what are the weaknesses and what are the strengths,” Davis said. “The weaknesses are we need more people and more money. Steve Hmiel will take care of the personnel and I’ll take care of the money.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014