- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
New owner enters NASCAR and vows to race
Question of the Day
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - NASCAR’s newest team owner bought into its premier series with every intention of building a competitive team.
Davis, CEO of independent oil and gas company Swan Energy, announced Tuesday he acquired Inception Racing in late August. His first race as owner was at Richmond, where Stremme pulled off the track after 127 of the 400 laps.
“I literally almost got sick,” Davis said Tuesday. “I couldn’t stand watching it, I am a competitive person and I am not going to the race track to not try to win races. I respect start and park programs and I understand why teams do it because it is a matter of survival and the teams are trying to build something. It’s just not the way I am going to build my team.’
Davis has hired veteran Steve Hmiel as director of competition, and said he’ll have a new crew chief in place by the end of the week. He’s also expanded the team roster from seven employees to 13 and said more hires will be made before the season begins in February.
“Since coming on I’ve been learning as much as I can. What’s needed, what we have, what are the weaknesses and what are the strengths,” Davis said. “The weaknesses are we need more people and more money. Steve Hmiel will take care of the personnel and I’ll take care of the money.”
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow