- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
New owner enters NASCAR and vows to race
Question of the Day
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - NASCAR’s newest team owner bought into its premier series with every intention of building a competitive team.
Davis, CEO of independent oil and gas company Swan Energy, announced Tuesday he acquired Inception Racing in late August. His first race as owner was at Richmond, where Stremme pulled off the track after 127 of the 400 laps.
“I literally almost got sick,” Davis said Tuesday. “I couldn’t stand watching it, I am a competitive person and I am not going to the race track to not try to win races. I respect start and park programs and I understand why teams do it because it is a matter of survival and the teams are trying to build something. It’s just not the way I am going to build my team.’
Stremme drove the No. 30 Toyota last season for Inception, but was a “start and park” for 20 of 28 races.
Davis has hired veteran Steve Hmiel as director of competition, and said he’ll have a new crew chief in place by the end of the week. He’s also expanded the team roster from seven employees to 13 and said more hires will be made before the season begins in February.
“Since coming on I’ve been learning as much as I can. What’s needed, what we have, what are the weaknesses and what are the strengths,” Davis said. “The weaknesses are we need more people and more money. Steve Hmiel will take care of the personnel and I’ll take care of the money.”
Out of "the shadows," they demand citizenship without consequences
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors