- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
New owner enters NASCAR and vows to race
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - NASCAR’s newest team owner bought into its premier series with every intention of building a competitive team.
Davis, CEO of independent oil and gas company Swan Energy, announced Tuesday he acquired Inception Racing in late August. His first race as owner was at Richmond, where Stremme pulled off the track after 127 of the 400 laps.
“I literally almost got sick,” Davis said Tuesday. “I couldn’t stand watching it, I am a competitive person and I am not going to the race track to not try to win races. I respect start and park programs and I understand why teams do it because it is a matter of survival and the teams are trying to build something. It’s just not the way I am going to build my team.’
Stremme drove the No. 30 Toyota last season for Inception, but was a “start and park” for 20 of 28 races.
Davis has hired veteran Steve Hmiel as director of competition, and said he’ll have a new crew chief in place by the end of the week. He’s also expanded the team roster from seven employees to 13 and said more hires will be made before the season begins in February.
“Since coming on I’ve been learning as much as I can. What’s needed, what we have, what are the weaknesses and what are the strengths,” Davis said. “The weaknesses are we need more people and more money. Steve Hmiel will take care of the personnel and I’ll take care of the money.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.