- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
NJ students sickened by Bob Marley drink at school
Question of the Day
HOLMDEL TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - Officials have removed a drink named after reggae icon Bob Marley after several New Jersey students were sickened.
Marley’s Mellow Mood contains valerian root and chamomile and is promoted to reduce stress.
The drink’s nutrition facts say it may cause drowsiness and isn’t intended for children.
However, students at Satz Middle School and Holmdel High School could buy it on campus. Several middle school students were sickened Friday.
The Asbury Park Press ( http://on.app.com/11OWGro) reports the school’s food service provider has removed a manager pending an investigation. Chartwells School Dining Services also removed the Marley product from other schools.
The company said it is taking the situation seriously.
Students who consumed the drink complained of lethargy, headaches, nausea and elevated heart rates. Officials are trying to determine how many students were sickened.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world