- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Regulators clear Disney purchase of Lucasfilm
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON (AP) - Federal antitrust regulators have cleared Disney's $4 billion deal to buy Lucasfilm, the filmmaking empire behind the "Star Wars" franchise.
Notice of the clearance was issued Tuesday.
Representatives for The Walt Disney Co. and Lucasfilm Ltd. did not immediately respond to requests for comment. When the deal was announced in October, no formal closing date was announced.
The purchase stoked "Star Wars" fans because along with the surprise announcement, Disney said it would make sequels to the six-part series with plans to release the first in the next trilogy, Episode 7, in 2015.
Lucasfilm founder George Lucas is to receive about half of the $4.05 billion purchase price in cash and half in newly issued Disney shares. He has said he'd donate much of it to charity.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener