- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Reese Witherspoon honored by March of Dimes
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - New mom Reese Witherspoon is being honored by March of Dimes for being a model celebrity parent.
The 36-year-old Oscar winner and mother of three will receive the organization’s Grace Kelly Award at its Celebration of Babies event Friday at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The award recognizes celebrity parents committed to healthy pregnancies and families.
Witherspoon gave birth in September to a son, Tennessee, with her husband, talent agent Jim Toth. She’s also mom to Ava, 13, and Deacon, 8, from her previous marriage to actor Ryan Phillippe.
“I was very lucky to have a healthy delivery and leave the hospital with a healthy full term infant, but so many families in this country do not get that experience,” she said, adding that she hopes her involvement with March of Dimes calls attention to its efforts to prevent birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.
Hollywood has a long history with March of Dimes, said event chair and Universal Pictures President Jimmy Horowitz. The tradition continues with this seventh annual celebrity luncheon, where star parents Susan and Robert Downey Jr., Brooke Shields and Chris Henchy, Elizabeth Banks and Max Handelman, and Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are also expected. Cannon will serve as master of ceremonies for the private event.
The March of Dimes is also inducting new celebrity parents into its Stork Club. Members include Amanda Anka and Jason Bateman, Drew Barrymore and Will Koppelman, and Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq