- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Tuning in to TV: ‘Bates Motel’ producer announces credits contest
A&E and executive producer Carlton Cuse are looking for some creative minds to check into the network’s upcoming “Bates Motel.”
The cable network and Mr. Cuse are looking for the public’s help in creating the 15-second opening title sequence for the upcoming “Psycho” prequel series, which will premiere in March.
“We want to give fans the chance to participate in the show,” Mr. Cuse said. “We’re looking for an awesome 15-second title sequence that captures the feel of ‘Bates Motel’ — not as a slasher/horror show, but as a complex, character-based thriller.”
The contest will run on the series’ Facebook page through Jan. 3, with fans submitting their visual ideas through video submissions. Mr. Cuse will judge and ultimately select the winner that best represents the mood, tone and overall feel of the series.
“Lost’s” Nestor Carbonell and “Pan Am’s” Mike Vogel co-star in the drama, which bypassed the traditional pilot process and was picked up straight to series.
Detective Jess Corral said Tuesday that investigators recovered Mr. McGraw’s classic car, along with 13 others, after law enforcement began targeting auto theft rings.
The car is worth at least $80,000.
‘Malcolm’s‘ Frankie Muniz hospitalized for ‘mini stroke’
Actor Frankie Muniz was hospitalized last week after suffering a “mini stroke,” according to his post on Twitter.
The former star of “Malcolm in the Middle” wrote on Twitter Tuesday that he was treated Friday for a “mini stroke,” which he describes as “not fun at all.”
He said he has to “start taking care of my body. Getting old!” but provided no other details.
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's first black president, dies at age 95
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- Obama lived with Uncle Onyango Obama in the 1980s, White House admits
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
White House pets gone wild!