- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Adam Scott opened with a 72. After practicing with a traditional putter during the week, the Australian used his usual broom-handle model that he anchors to his chest _ a technique expected to be banned in 2016.
Tom Watson, playing his first start in the event since winning in 1984, had a 78 in windy afternoon conditions, and 14-year-old Chinese amateur Guan Tianling opened with an 82.
THAILAND GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
Winless since the 2011 Masters, Schwartzel had seven birdies in a bogey-free round at Amata Spring.
Thailand’s Thitiphun Chuayprakong was second. Masters champion Bubba Watson opened with a 68, and defending champion Lee Westwood had a 70.
DUBAI LADIES MASTERS
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) _ China’s Shanshan Feng opened a four-stroke lead in the Dubai Ladies Masters, shooting a 7-under 65 in the second round.
Feng, the LPGA Championship winner in June, had a 13-under 131 total at Emirates Golf Club. England’s Felicity Johnson was second after a 67, and American Cindy Lacrosse had a 69 to top the group at 8 under in the Ladies European Tour’s season-ending event.
Defending champion Lexi Thompson was 7 under after a 68. Michelle Wie has 1 under after a 73.
NELSON MANDELA CHAMPIONSHIP
DURBAN, South Africa (AP) _ Rain has washed out play in the inaugural Nelson Mandela Championship. The event opens the 2013 European Tour season and also is sanctioned by the Sunshine Tour.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again