- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Manziel wins Davey O’Brien quarterback award
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLA. (AP) - Texas A&M star Johnny Manziel has become the first freshman to win the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award.
The award was presented Thursday night at the Home Depot College Football Awards show. Manziel beat out fellow finalists Collin Klein of Kansas State and Braxton Miller from Ohio State.
Manziel led the Aggies to a 10-2 record and Cotton Bowl berth.
Manziel passed for 3,419 yards and 24 touchdowns and posted a Southeastern Conference-record 4,600 yards of total offense on his way to his unanimous selection for Associated Press SEC offensive player of the year.
He is also a finalist for the Maxwell Award, given to the player of the year.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Depth, distance reduce impact of California quake
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again