1. Can Washington stop Ravens RB Ray Rice? At 5 feet 8 inches, Rice is one of the NFL’s best runners because of his toughness and agility. He’s on pace for his fourth straight season with at least 1,100 rushing yards. Washington’s defense allows 4.08 yards per carry, 11th-best in the NFL.
2. Will the Redskins maintain their focus and intensity? The Redskins could lose this game and still make the playoffs because it won’t affect NFC tiebreakers. They must guard against a letdown or any complacency after winning three straight. Measure that by penalties, drops and turnovers.
3. How effective will injured Redskins ILB London Fletcher (ankle), LT Trent Williams (thigh) and CB DeAngelo Hall (ankle) be? All three front-line players are expected to play, but none is fully healthy. Fletcher occasionally was beaten in pass coverage versus New York. Williams estimated he was only 60 percent healthy against the Giants, but he did not allow a sack.
4. Can the Redskins’ defense force turnovers? The Redskins beat the Giants on Monday night without forcing a turnover, improving to 1-2 in such games this season. That’s living dangerously, though. Baltimore has turned the ball over only 11 times, tied with Washington for second-fewest in the NFL.
5. Will the Redskins’ success rushing the ball continue? Baltimore gives up an average of 4.0 yards per carry, ninth in the NFL. DT Haloti Ngata and ILB Jameel McClain (71 tackles) lead a formidable front seven. Injured ILB Ray Lewis is ineligible to play.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
A round eye’s guide into the Chinese world.
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
World's Ugliest Dog Contest
Spelling Bee finale
Marines train Afghan soldiers
Rolling Thunder 2013
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal