- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Service held for woman slain by Chiefs player
Question of the Day
BLUE RIDGE, TEXAS (AP) - A memorial is being held in North Texas for the slain girlfriend of Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher.
Life Celebration Funeral Home says a separate service will be held Saturday in Austin, followed by burial in nearby Pflugerville.
Belcher shot Perkins at their Kansas City home Saturday morning. He then drove with a handgun to Arrowhead Stadium, where he thanked team officials before kneeling down and shooting himself in the head.
Perkins is survived by the couple’s 3-month-old daughter, Zoey. According to the Turrentine Jackson Morrow funeral home, she is also survived by two siblings, her parents, grandparents and a great-grandmother.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world