- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
Wisconsin RB Ball wins Doak Walker Award
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLA. (AP) - Wisconsin’s Montee Ball has won the Doak Walker Award, given to the nation’s outstanding running back.
The senior was honored on Thursday night at the Home Depot College Football Awards show at Disney World. He beat out fellow finalists Kenjon Barner from Oregon and UCLA’s Johnathan Franklin from UCLA.
Ball rushed for 21 touchdowns and 1,730 yards this season to lead an offense that ranked 12th in the nation in rushing yards per game with 237.8.
He helped propel the Badgers to a 70-31 win over Nebraska in the Big Ten title game, earning a Rose Bowl berth.
Wisconsin will be the first five-loss team to play in the Rose Bowl and is the first school to represent the conference in three consecutive Rose Bowls since Michigan.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.