- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
AIBA, government suspend Indian boxing federation
Question of the Day
NEW DELHI (AP) - The Indian Amateur Boxing Federation has received a double blow with the government withdrawing its support within hours of the federation being suspended by world governing body AIBA for not following proper electoral procedures.
The announcements Friday came within four days of the Indian Olympic Association being suspended by the International Olympic Committee, leaving sports administrator Abhay Singh Chautala’s position in peril.
Chautala is the chairman of the boxing body and was elected president of the IOA in elections Wednesday that the IOC declared “null and void.”
The government also said it also doesn’t recognize the Archery Federation of India because it ignored age and tenure restrictions in electing 81-year-old Vijay Kumar Malhotra to a 10th term as president. Malhotra was the acting president of the IOA before the elections.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq