- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
European Tour season-opener delayed again
Question of the Day
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA (AP) - The start of the European Tour’s season-opening Nelson Mandela Championship has been delayed for a second straight day after heavy rain left most of the course under water.
Organizers will try again to get the first round of the inaugural event under way on Saturday morning.
Thursday was also a washout at Royal Durban, with South Africa’s east coast experiencing unusually high rainfall in the past few months.
Eriksson says organizers aimed to start at 6.30 a.m. local time on Saturday.
The Nelson Mandela Championship is the first of three successive tournaments in South Africa to start the 2013 Race to Dubai.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow