- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Judge hears arguments in slander suit v. SU coach
NEW YORK (AP) - Lawyers involved in a slander suit against Syracuse University and basketball coach Jim Boeheim (BAY’-hym) are in a New York courtroom arguing over a procedural issue that has veered into salacious allegations about fired assistant coach Bernie Fine’s wife.
Friday’s hearing is about whether two former ball boys who accuse Boeheim of defamation can get certain information at this point in the case. But in legal papers arguing the issue, the ex-ball boys also claimed that Fine’s wife, Laurie, had sex with basketball players.
The two plaintiffs say Fine molested them when they were minors. Fine hasn’t been charged and has denied wrongdoing. He was fired in November.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again