- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
Los Angeles police capture escapee who stalked Madonna
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police captured a man on Friday who was convicted of threatening to kill Madonna and walked away from a Los Angeles-area mental hospital last week.
Robert Dewey Hoskins was found near the Metropolitan State Hospital, where he escaped, Los Angeles police spokesman Richard French said. He was returned to the facility after his arrest. Police didn’t comment about how Hoskins escaped or where he had been over the past week.
The singer reluctantly testified against the man, who was shot by her personal security after he jumped the fence of her Hollywood Hills home.
“It was like a bad dream,” she said then. “I couldn’t believe it was actually happening and he had tried to make his threats a reality.”
Police had asked for the public’s help Thursday in locating Hoskins, saying he is “highly psychotic” and can be extremely violent.
A message left with a spokeswoman for the California Department of Mental Health was not immediately returned.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.