- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Mystery deepens over radioactive cobalt-60 stolen in Mexico
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
George Washington snaps 5-game losing skid, defeats Richmond by 2
RICHMOND, Va. — David Pellom scored 16 points and George Washington defeated Richmond 69-67 on Saturday to sweep the season series for the first time since 2007.
With the game tied 64-64 with 1:59 to play, the Colonials (9-16, 4-7 Atlantic 10 Conference) put the game out of reach with five straight points to lead 69-64 with 19 seconds to go. Aaron Ware scored four of his six points in the run. The game was tied nine times and neither team led by more than seven points.
Dwayne Smith added 14 points and Lasan Kromah had 11 for the Colonials, who snapped a five-game losing streak.
Pellom made 8 of 9 field goal attempts to pace George Washington, which shot 55.1 percent (27 of 49) from the field.
Derrick Williams, who made all 11 of his free throw attempts, scored 21 points and Francis Martel added 10 for the Spiders (13-13, 4-7).
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- 'Harry Potter' and 'Hunger Games' fans debate over political messages in films
- Democratic infighting erupts with squabble over entitlements
- Young and healthy millennials create risky imbalance by shunning Obamacare
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Susan Rice slams Russia, China on human rights
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.