- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Funeral held for best-selling author Zaslow
SOUTHFIELD, MICH. (AP) - Airline pilot Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger remembered his friend, best-selling author Jeffrey Zaslow, during a funeral at a Detroit-area synagogue.
The Detroit Free Press reports (http://on.freep.com/wNwbCp) Sullenberger said in his eulogy Monday that Zaslow was funny and interesting. He also says Zaslow was loved by the pilot's family.
Zaslow was killed last week when he lost control of his car on a snowy northern Michigan road.
The funeral took place at Congregation Shaarey Zedek in Southfield.
Zaslow co-wrote the book "The Last Lecture" and worked on a memoir of Sullenberger, who landed a plane on the Hudson River in New York.
Zaslow, a 53-year-old resident of Oakland County's West Bloomfield Township, was promoting his new book called "The Magic Room: A Story About the Love We Wish for Our Daughters."
Information from: Detroit Free Press, http://www.freep.com
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014