- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Bulls G Derrick Rose misses 3rd straight game
Question of the Day
Even so, he missed his third straight game because of lower back spasms when the Chicago Bulls hosted the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday night and remains day to day.
“I shouldn’t have any problems in the long run,” Rose said. “This back pain should be behind me in a couple of days. I should be back out there in a couple days. I’m going to take my time and be smart.”
Rose didn’t have a target date for his return. Boston visits Thursday, and he wasn’t sure if he’d be ready to play against Rajon Rondo and the Celtics. C.J. Watson has been starting in his place.
“It’s not just (Rose‘s) decision,” coach Tom Thibodeau said. “There are a lot of people weighing in on it. We have a great medical staff, a great training staff. Their input is critical. His input is critical. We’re certainly not going to do anything to jeopardize him being hurt.”
If nothing else, Rose was relieved after a back specialist confirmed Monday that there was no structural damage. He also saw a chiropractor to help the recovery.
Rose said taking a pain-killing injection was discussed, but with his fear of needles, he wasn’t about to take one.
“(My back’s) getting better,” Rose said. “I shot earlier, didn’t move that much. Hopefully, (Wednesday) I’ll be running.”
Rose is averaging 22.0 points and 7.8 assists, but this was the eighth game this season that he has missed because of problems with his back and left big toe. He said the toe is pain-free, but the back still is an issue.
Veteran guard Richard Hamilton, who remains sidelined by a right thigh injury, rejoined the team after tending to a family issue. He posted on Twitter that his grandmother died.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world