- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Young Cavs leaning on Branden Kline to anchor rotation
Ex-closer making jump to starting role
Question of the Day
c Georgetown (23-33) - Coming off of a 5-21 record in Big East play last season, the Hoyas are predicted to finish at the bottom of their conference once again. Georgetown returns five position starters and is going to have to improve on its collective .273 batting average in order to contend with its Big East competitors.
c Navy (33-25-1) - Having claimed their first conference tournament championship last season since 2002, Navy’s young squad is out to defend the Patriot League title.
c George Washington (19-36) - The Colonials are without standout Brendon Kelliher, who led the team in 13 categories including batting average (.358), RBI (41), and runs scored (40). But eight GW starters return after an 11th-place finish in A-10 play last season.
c George Mason (21-32-1) - The Patriots ended the 2011 season in last place in the CAA. With only four freshmen on the roster and upperclassmen making up the majority of the team, Mason should hope the players’ experience will serve to improve on last season’s record.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world