- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Norovirus sickens about 85 GWU students
Dozens of George Washington University students have reported being sickened this week by an outbreak of the norovirus, school officials said Thursday.
The highly contagious gastrointestinal illness, similar to a stomach flu, has infected about 85 students at the Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon campuses, as well as students living off campus.
University officials said they contacted the D.C. Department of Health when a large number of students reported the illness.
The reports began trickling in Monday but the majority of cases seen by the university's student health service have come in the past 24 hours, according to a statement issued by school officials.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says most people recover from symptoms of the virus within 24 hours.
The most common symptoms are diarrhea, vomiting and stomach pain. It is often also referred to as the stomach flu or food poisoning. It is passed primarily through close contact with an infected person, including sharing food or drinks with a person infected by the virus and by touching things that have come into contact with the virus.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- CURL: Calm down, conservatives: Obama's 'Two Ferns' bit was brilliant
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
- Inside China: Why Putin's intervention in Ukraine is bad news for China
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again