- Mexico plans how to safely box up recovered cobalt
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
George Mason fends off Lamar for fifth straight win
Sherrod Wright finished with 13 points for George Mason (23-6), which was hosting the Cardinals (17-10) as part of the Bracket Buster series.
George Mason led by 13 points at halftime and pulled ahead by 17 with 15:28 left to play.
The Cardinals rallied and trailed by one when Mike James (10 points) got a steal and drove for a dunk that put Lamar up 69-68 with 3:21 to play.
George Mason’s Andre Cornelius responded with a three-pointer to put the Patriots back in front and Bryon Allen’s jumper made it 73-69 with 2:08 left.
The Patriots shot 57.1 percent (28 of 49), their second best performance of the season, and Lamar finished at 47.4 percent (27 of 57).
The Cardinals used a 12-0 run early in the game to take a 21-12 lead.
The Patriots rallied and outscored Lamar 27-3 over the next nine minutes as they held the Cardinals without a field goal during the run.
The Patriots shot a blistering 68 percent (17 of 25), including 4 of 7 from three-point range in the first half, while Lamar shot 46.2 percent (12 of 26).
The teams were playing for just the second time, and the first since 1986.
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- 'Harry Potter' and 'Hunger Games' fans debate over political messages in films
- Democratic infighting erupts with squabble over entitlements
- Young and healthy millennials create risky imbalance by shunning Obamacare
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Susan Rice slams Russia, China on human rights
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.