- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
Lindsey Vonn claims fifth straight downhill title
Question of the Day
“When I crossed the finish line I just saw the board far away and couldn’t read (it),” Hoefl-Riesch said. “I just saw the green light and then I came closer and I wanted to be sure that it was really me standing on the top and I couldn’t believe it.”
Vonn complained about course workers painting blue dye on the slope immediately before her run, and also questioned her equipment.
“I’ve gone on the same race skis all season and we decided to go on a different pair today and I think maybe that was the wrong choice,” the American said. “I think my normal race boards are probably a little bit faster. But it’s already passed, so I’m looking forward to tomorrow.”
The season’s final super-combined is scheduled for Sunday, with Vonn in position to clinch another title. She is 55 points in front of Tina Maze of Slovenia and 60 points ahead of Nicole Hosp of Austria.
“Tomorrow is going to be intense,” Vonn said.
By Matt Kibbe
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow