- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
Playwrights and theaters join Japan benefit push
All will be offering 10-minute plays and songs to be performed March 11. The effort also has united 35 arts organizations across 12 states. Funds will help the Japanese theater community.
Participating artists include Suzan-Lori Parks and Richard Greenberg, who both will write original pieces. Sondheim with writer John Weidman will revise a section of their musical “Pacific Overtures.”
In New York, the effort has united some of the city’s most powerful theaters, including Lincoln Center Theater, Playwrights Horizons, The Public Theater and Manhattan Theatre Club. Theatre Communications Group said Thursday it’s leading the effort.
An earthquake and tsunami struck Japan last March 11, leaving 20,000 people dead or missing.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.