- Sarah Palin to campaign for Senate candidate Ben Sasse in Nebraska
- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
Trial date for ex-NFL WR Hurd set for April 2
DALLAS (AP) - A federal judge has set an April 2 trial date for former NFL wide receiver Sam Hurd, who is charged with trying to create a drug-distribution network.
U.S. District Judge Jorge Solis, in an order Wednesday, set a pretrial conference for March 21 before an April trial in Dallas federal court. The trial could be delayed as Hurd, alleged co-conspirator Toby Lujan and federal prosecutors file motions beforehand.
Hurd, 26, is accused of trying to buy large quantities of marijuana and cocaine, including an alleged buy of one kilogram of cocaine. He was arrested outside of a Chicago-area steakhouse on Dec. 14 and cut shortly afterward by the Chicago Bears.
Hurd, a San Antonio native who played for the Bears and the Dallas Cowboys, has pleaded not guilty.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.