- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Two arrested after Northwest D.C. shooting
Question of the Day
Police arrested two people in connection with a drive-by shooting that injured one man in the District’s Takoma neighborhood Wednesday night.
Officers were called to the 700 block of Butternut Street in Northwest around 10 p.m. for a report of a shooting and found a man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Officer Araz Alali said.
A person riding in a gold colored vehicle opened fire on the man as the car drove past, Officer Alali said. Neighbors described hearing between five to eight gunshots.
The shooting was not a random attack, Fourth District Cmdr. Kimberly Chisley-Missouri said in a police-run online message board. Shortly after the shooting, police arrested two suspects at a drug store located about four blocks away.
Marcus Owens, of the District, was charged with assault with intent to kill, according to D.C. Superior Court records. Emily Cabrera, of Maryland, was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
No further information about the suspects or a motive in the shooting was available Thursday.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- No charges for Secret Service, Capitol Police in shooting of motorist
- D.C. 911 center reports dropped calls, long waits during power outage
- Forgotten vial of smallpox found in NIH storage room
- D.C. 911 system suffers 'catastrophic communications failure'
- Marijuana legalization activists turn in petition to put measure on D.C. ballot
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Tiger Woods' swing changes have hurt his game, Paul Azinger says
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- GOP aims to sue Obama first over health care employer mandate
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener