- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Villanova cancels gay artist’s workshop
Question of the Day
VILLANOVA, PA. (AP) - Villanova University has canceled a workshop by a controversial gay performance artist, saying his shows aren't in keeping with the school's Catholic values.
Tim Miller tells The Philadelphia Inquirer ( http://bit.ly/zjK9s9) he was told about the cancellation of next month's planned workshop on Sunday.
Miller gained notoriety in 1990 when he and three others had grants vetoed by the National Endowment for the Arts.
Miller's work is frequently provocative and he's been arrested in the past for demonstrating for AIDS research funding.
In a statement, Villanova said it embraces intellectual freedom and academic discourse but had concerns about how Miller's work matches its "Catholic and Augustinian values and mission."
Miller says Villanova's decision wasn't necessarily surprising although he'd previously held a similar workshop at DePaul, the nation's largest Catholic University.
Information from: The Philadelphia Inquirer, http://www.philly.com
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world