- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
NFIB leader not impressed by GOP hopefuls
Question of the Day
He’s been sharply critical of President Obama and his economic agenda, but Dan Danner, president of the National Federation of Independent Business, said he has not been overly impressed so far by what the opposition is offering for small businesses.
Mr. Danner said the Republicans still in the running for the GOP presidential nomination are “missing a great opportunity” by not addressing more concretely the needs of small business owners.
“We don’t see a lot of real dialogue from … the candidates on small businesses,” Mr. Danner said in an interview with editors and reporters at the Washington Times on Wednesday. “That’s a great concern for us.”
“We will be very involved in the elections,” said Mr. Danner. “We do think it’s a great opportunity to talk about the things we think are important. If the elections are at least in some significant part about jobs and the economy, to us, that’s pretty synonymous with what small business is about,” he added.
The group’s clout has only grown following the 2010 midterm elections, which saw 23 new NFIB members elected to the House and two - Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Rand Paul of Kentucky - to the Senate.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Out of "the shadows," they demand citizenship without consequences
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors