- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Former MLB player Dukes is arrested again in Fla.
TAMPA, FLA. (AP) - Troubled former Major League Baseball player Elijah Dukes has been arrested again, this time on drug charges.
Tampa police say the 27-year-old was arrested during a traffic stop early Thursday after officers noticed a small bag of marijuana on his lap. Authorities say he then tried to stick the drug in his mouth as if he were going to ingest it. They also noticed a marijuana cigarette tucked behind his ear.
The former outfielder for the Tampa Bay Rays and the Washington Nationals faces charges of tampering with physical evidence, possession of marijuana and possession of a drug.
He's being held on $4,750 bail at the Hillsborough County Jail. It's unclear whether he's retained an attorney.
Dukes has been arrested five times in the past year, mostly on driving offenses.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.