- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Three injured in District in overnight attacks
Question of the Day
Three men were injured overnight in separate shooting and stabbing incidents in the District, the Metropolitan Police Department said Thursday morning.
The shooting occurred in the 600 block of Forrester Street Southeast, in the Washington Highlands neighborhood, near the Prince George’s County border. Two men were standing outside at about 1:20 a.m. when an unknown person approached and fired a gun. Both of the men were struck and suffered injuries that were not considered life threatening.
The stabbing occurred at about the same time in the Trinidad neighborhood, police said. Two men were having a “verbal dispute” in the 1600 block of Holbrook Street Northeast when one stabbed the other with an unknown object, police said.
Another shooting was reported at about 11:30 p.m. in the Columbia Heights neighborhood of Northwest. Neither of the two men targeted were struck. Police said they were standing outside in the 2600 block of 15th Street Northwest when a third man approached on foot and fired several shots.
No arrests have been made in the incidents, police said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Term limits still in question after 22 years in Prince George's County
- ACLU slams Gray on issues of transparency
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- DCCC raising money on suggestion Obama impeachment is imminent
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq