- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Waltrip wrecks, ends Daytona 500 streak at 25
Question of the Day
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. (AP) - Two-time Daytona 500 champion Michael Waltrip has failed to qualify for NASCAR’s season opener, ending his streak of 25 consecutive years in The Great American Race.
Waltrip wrecked his No. 40 Toyota with seven laps remaining in the first 150-mile qualifier Thursday, an odd and costly mistake for the owner/driver. Waltrip was coming off pit road and trying to merge onto the high-banked oval when he lost control and slammed into the wall.
He was unharmed, but his frustration was evident.
He sat in a golf cart and stared at the scoring tower, knowing he needed a bunch of help to make the Daytona 500. It didn’t happen. Michael McDowell and Robby Gordon raced their way into the opener, eliminating Waltrip.
Waltrip also crashed in Saturday’s exhibition Budweiser Shootout.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq