- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
Waltrip wrecks, ends Daytona 500 streak at 25
Question of the Day
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. (AP) - Two-time Daytona 500 champion Michael Waltrip has failed to qualify for NASCAR’s season opener, ending his streak of 25 consecutive years in The Great American Race.
Waltrip wrecked his No. 40 Toyota with seven laps remaining in the first 150-mile qualifier Thursday, an odd and costly mistake for the owner/driver. Waltrip was coming off pit road and trying to merge onto the high-banked oval when he lost control and slammed into the wall.
He was unharmed, but his frustration was evident.
He sat in a golf cart and stared at the scoring tower, knowing he needed a bunch of help to make the Daytona 500. It didn’t happen. Michael McDowell and Robby Gordon raced their way into the opener, eliminating Waltrip.
Waltrip also crashed in Saturday’s exhibition Budweiser Shootout.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Nobody likes to talk about dying. But we can help.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow