- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Navy launches new communications satellite
CAPE CANAVERAL, FLA. (AP) - The Navy has launched a new communications satellite after two weather-related scrubs last week.
An Atlas V rocket carrying the Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) satellite launched from Cape Canaveral at 5:15 p.m. Friday.
The $2.1 billion narrowband tactical satellite communications system was built by Lockheed Martin and is designed to improve ground communications with mobile ground forces.
It's the first of five that will replace the current Ultra High Frequency Follow-On (UFO) system. MUOS is designed to move 10 times more information than the existing systems. The communications will use voice, video and data simultaneously using 3G technology.
Lockheed Martin MUOS: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/mobile-user-objective-system--muos-.html
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
Ford Mustang through the years
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.